Biola Missionary Scholarship - Renewing Applicant
Only students who have previously received the Biola Missionary Scholarship should use this application. If you wish to apply for the Biola Missionary Scholarship for the first time, complete the application at this link: Biola Missionary Scholarship – New Applicant.
The Biola Missionary Scholarship is awarded to a limited number of undergrad and graduate students attending Biola who are committed to missionary work during and after their studies at Biola. Students who intend to make a global impact for Christ through international ministry are encouraged to apply by the application deadline (April 15).
Please read carefully before submitting your application!
- Incomplete, incorrect or late applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing. You will be notified if awarded or not.
- Applicants must have a 2019-2020 FAFSA on file with Biola University’s Financial Aid Office by the Biola Missionary Scholarship deadline to be eligible.
Scholarship Details & Renewal
- Recipients are required to attend a commissioning event on campus in September 2019. Recipients will be sent date and time details.
- The scholarship will be coordinated with other financial aid. (Students who live out of state during the semester are not required to attend. Travel to this event is not expected and will not be refunded.)
- The scholarship will be split between fall and spring semesters.
- Students graduating the upcoming fall may apply for 1/2 the amount of the scholarship they are eligible for (i.e. $3500 for first time UG award).
- Students only attending the spring semester should wait to apply until their scholarship can be applied to a full academic year (fall and spring).
- The scholarship is institutional aid which can only be applied towards on-campus tuition, class fees, room and board charges.
- Recipients may renew the scholarship once after the initial award year.
2019-2020 Award Amounts
Undergrad Award – $7,000/year
UG Renewal Award – $10,000/year
Grad Award – $4,000/year
Grad Renewal Award – $6,000/year
- Eligible applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Recipients will be notified in May.
- Selection is based on letters of recommendation; student’s commitment to graduate and begin vocation; financial need, academic performance, leadership experience, and potential.
- The number of students selected each year will be determined based on the availability of funds.
- Applicants must be continuing students (Junior or Senior status in fall 2019 for undergrads, or one semester completed in graduate program) at the time they apply, and must maintain at least half-time enrollment to keep their scholarship and be eligible for renewal.
- Half-time enrollment requirements: UG – 6 units/semester; Grad – 5 units/semester; Doctoral – 3 units/semester.
- Applicants must attend a traditional undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program. (Special programs not eligible include: Doctor of Ministry, MA Apologetics, MA Science and Religion, MS Speech-Language Pathology, Applied Psychology, Chiang Mai-based programs, ICS Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL), Kiev, Feinberg Messianic Program-New York, ELSP, MBA, MA of Professional Accountancy, Talbot Ph.D, MA TESOL Online, MA ED Online, Education Certificates, and Other 100% Online Programs.)